Friday, May 05, 2006

What’s that strange odor?

Could that actually be the smell of success? I think it is.

A couple of days ago Cory took the pieces from some broken bikes that we had lying around and made one bike that actually worked. Now Jessica has her old bike with the training wheels as well as this new bike without training wheels. Last night when I got home from work the girls got their bikes and we went out front to ride up and down the sidewalk. A couple of tries later and Jessica was actually doing it, riding without the training wheels. After that it was not safe to be anywhere near her as she zigzagged all over the place.



Watching her ride, I thought we could all learn a lesson in determination from watching kids. She would not quit, if she only traveled a couple of feet that did not matter, she kept persisting. How many things have I started and quit because they did not progress as quickly as I first thought they would? I also heard myself saying things to her that I could just as easily be saying to myself. Things like, the hardest part is getting started, keep going you can do it, if you fall you have to get back up and try again. Which leads to one of my favorite expressions; “Take my advice, I’m not using it”.

I hope that didn’t sound too preachy, the last thing I want this Blog to become is a soapbox.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home