Saturday, May 13, 2006

Someone's in the Kitchen with Daddy

Someones in the Kitchen I knoooow...

I hope that anybody who reads this blog gets that silly tune stuck in their head and they spend the rest of the day humming it, and cursing me for putting it there.

Well it's Mother's Day weekend, so I voulenteered that the girls and I would help in the Kitchen. Our task is not all that mounumental, just make a simple pasta salad but we will make a production out of it none the less.

Step 1. Make a list of required ingredients. "Tina, what goes into a Pasta salad? Okay, great would you mind writing that down for me, Thanks.".

Step 2. Go to the store to get the ingredients. "Tina, would you mind running down to Sobey's to pick up a couple of things for me? Great, on your way home would you mind stopping at Timmy's and grab me a coffee?" Boy I sure hope Tina appreciates all of the work that I am putting into this.

Step 3. Boil the water. Okay this doesn't sound so hard, I thank we can handle it. All we need to do is put water in a pot, put the pot on the stove and turn it on. "Tina, what pot should I use, oh the big one with the handles on the side, great, where do we keep that? Thanks, now when you make yours how much water do you put in?" Okay now all I have to do is put that pot on the stove and turn it on. Back burner, power 4. "What do you mean it should be on the front burner power 6? Who's making this anyway, me or you?" Okay move the pot from the back to the front, adjust the temperature.

Step 4. Add the noodles. "Tina, how many noodles should I put in? 3 Cups okay great, now where is the measuring cup?" I got the noodles in, that wasn't so hard. "What do you mean I should turn the temperature baxk to 4, that's where I was going to set it in the first place, make up your mind!"

Step 5. Drain the noodles. "Tina, where do you keep the cullender? Oh, its right where you got the pot from." I probably would have seen it if I had got the pot myself. Now grab the pot, shit that's hot. "Tina, where do you keep the pot holders?"

Step 6. Let the noodles cool. Great finally a chance to relax. "Tina, can you please watch the kids for a bit? I am going for a nap, all this work has tired me out."

This goes on for another 7 or 8 steps, but you get the point so there is no need to go through them in detail. The above story is an exagerated version of the truth. The net result was a Pasta Salad was made, Tina ended up doing allot of the background work, I did the upfront work and then took all the credit.

I don't think I am alone in this, I think this is how it goes pretty near anytime a guy tries to get close to a woman's domain, and I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing either. I got to show Tina that I am willing to make an effort, even if it was a lame one, and it gave Tina another oppertunity to feel superior and to feel needed.

I hope she enjoys the supper I am going to make for her tomorrow night.

Note: The Salad shown is not the actual salad, it is just a picture I grabbed from the internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home