Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Little More Choke and You Would Have Started It...

The title for this Blog Entry is almost identical to a Blog entry made by Moloquin. His links are on the side if you are not easily offended I suggest you check it out, if you are easily offend stick with my family friendly blog. I read his blog entry a couple of times, and I still haven’t figured out what the title has to do with the actual content, but that is not unusual. Most of the time when I read his blog, I can’t figure out the relationship between the title and the content. I figure that either means there is no relationship, or his method of thinking is on a higher plane than mine, either way its fine with me.


That’s all fine and dandy, but why would I be using it now as a title for one of my Blog entries. There are a couple of reasons, the first is I wanted to say thank you. When I read the title to his entry I immediately thought back to when I was a kid and was visiting my grandfather’s farm. I could almost picture me sitting in his lap trying to start the John Deere Tractor that to me must have seemed like a big green monster. I would be working the choke and the ignition switch and he would be working the clutch and the brake, as my legs weren’t long enough to reach them. I can almost hear those very words rolling off his lips, “A Little More Choke And You Would Have Started It.”.

So Moloquin, thanks for the memory.

The other reason I am using it is, this Blog has definitely been stalled lately. I need to do something to get it started, let’s try applying a little choke and see if that works.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reverend Moloquin said...

Everyone can always use more choke. Actually it's a reference to an Australian slang term. Check it out here.

http://www.aussieslang.com/slang/australian-slang-a.asp

What it exactly it has to do with my Blog entry is rather vague. I think I said Australia in there somewhere…

Thx for the Kudos BTW.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home