Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Streak Continues

I was just sitting there at work, trying to make some progress on the projects that I currently have on the go when the phone rings. “Bell Payphone” is what the Caller ID Display was showing. It was Tina, she was out in New Hamburg with the girls and she couldn’t get the Van started. “What’s the problem?” I asked, quietly dreading the response. “There is no power, no lights, no radio, nothing” is the response I get. As I am at work, without a car, we decide to call a tow-truck. The Tow-truck driver came out and gave Tina a boost, the Van started but it was acting funny. As the Tow-Truck driver was unsure of what the problem was and we aren’t familiar with any of the garages in New Hamburg we decide to get the van towed to our Mechanic in Kitchener. It turned out to be just the battery but by the time we had paid for towing charges, diagnostics and the battery, the bill was in excess of $300.00. That was last Thursday just 3 days after I had met with the wreckers to have them pickup the old car.

So today when I was at work and the phone rang and the caller ID Display once again read “Bell Payphone”, I immediately started to get nervous. It was Tina again and there was indeed another incident with the van. She was coming out of the Mall when she noticed a man standing next to the van writing up a note saying that he had hit the van and that he would cover the damages. So after discussing it with me she decides to take it to Cory’s work to get an estimate. The estimate came out to nearly $1000.00. Tina had called the guy back to give him the estimate; he had said that he would call us back in a couple of days once he had a chance to gather the money. This stranger has shown a bit of honesty by sticking around and writing up the note; I just hope he follows through and doesn’t make us chase him for the money.

On a brighter note, I think I have found the perfect second vehicle for us. Last Friday, on the way to the Cottage there was a Tow Truck parked at the end of the Driveway with a big “For Sale” sign on it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reverend Moloquin said...

I'd reconsider that tow truck for a bunch of mountain bikes...

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home